Friday, April 3, 2015

FS Matte Lipstick Review



I have been away for a couples of months but it feels like ages. So I want to be back on track and keep my blogs up to date

This past few months I have an obsession collecting new shade of lippies that's been out in the market.

First on my list is this gorgeous FS lipstick in the shade Orchid, I bought this for P299.00 at SM department store. This is on the FS matte lipstick collection and they have 9 colors/shades for this lipsticks.

Packaging:

The box is a combination of black and yellow and it has an ombre effect, and the labels are engraved in silver color. I think the color combo of the packaging is too overwhelming or in other word the yellow color did not match the entire concept of black plus silver color. (it is much better if they just stick with two color combination.)

Next is the lipstick packaging. I like the combo of this it is matte black with a touch of gold, The vibe of the packaging is very expensive and the logo of FS is also engraved in gold color. Over all its very elegant and sleek .




Product:

The lipstick it self has an engraved logo of FS at the tip of the lipstick and for me that's a plus for their packaging it gives me the feeling that I bought a very expensive lipstick. I got the shade orchid and it has a coraly matte brown color, which is a perfect lipstick for everyday use.




Pigmentation:

I tried to swatch this before buying because I want a lipstick that is matte but its not drying to my lips, (because I had a very choppy lips). By swatching the product it glides on my wrist smoothly, it is very creamy and very pigmented as well, this sold me to buy this lipstick. But when I got home I try to swatch it on my lips and I kinda struggle because this is a matte lipstick. So first I need to prep my lips by dubbing a lip balm before applying this lipstick so that it will have a smooth application of the product.


The color payoff is good, the shade looks like coraly brown. but when already applied into the lips  it is more on coraly-redish-pinkish color . The pigmentation is good it really last me the whole day without retouching/reapplying. 


Longevity and Consistency

Well to test the longevity and consistency of this product I tried several activities on eating and drinking. I must say that I was so impressed with its longevity and consistency, I apply this in the morning and it really last me all day with out retouching.Although when I tried re applying the product, it turns out to be a big mess, because it formulates patches of color at the side of my lips, and that is not pretty anymore. The effect for me is very matte, but it is very light weight and seems like I am not wearing any lipstick.




 Final Verdict:

PROS:
  • Worth the price
  • Very Pigmented
  • Sleek and Chic Packaging
  • Good Find Drugstore Lipstick
  • Very Matte/light weight
  • No irritating Smell
  • Last you all day without retouching
  • I love this product

CONS:
  • If you have dry lips, first you need to moisturized your lips before applying this product 
  • Not good for retouching, it formulates patches of colors on sides of your lips.

Over all this is a very good matte lipstick, the price is right for its quality, and it really gives me the feeling that I bought a very expensive lipstick and this really makes me happy.

This is my personal and honest opinion about this product, if you already tried this product and happens that I missed out some information's, please feel free to comment and tell me your opinions regarding this product.

I hope that this review will help you and  I highly recommend the lipsticks from FS collections.




   






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts